#desserts Jam roly poly with custard

The food I make is based on childhood experiences except I have to eat rice with red beans or gunga peas and stews instead of stir frys. My food palatte was introduced to Caribbean cuisine when I was but a mere child so from then on, the experiences I had were drawn towards Mexican food and later Mediterrean.

I make Southern fried chicken similar to the shop called a county in the US. Now abbreviated to 3 letters but I didn't have any leftover bread to make the bread crumbs coating and I like my pizzas from Home Economics at school but I much prefer the thin crust pizzas so I need to find a recipe for Neopolitan thin crust pizzas and then I'll make pizzas.

It's desserts again! My school dinners favourite! Jam Roly Poly with custard. It sounds really bizarre I know and can only be appreciated because of having eaten it as a child. It is not for the cake itself that I still like this dessert but because of the association with desserts I first tried at school and all the desserts thereafter. Lol.

I have to try making lasagne and ravioli - those were some of my favourite school dinners and it was everything with chips or mashed potatoes. Lol so if you see a recipe with mashed potatoes or chips you will know it was part of life growing up in the UK. It only happens in London.

 My mum just bought sweet biscuits except she liked my apple pies which I first made in Home Economics. Lol.

Happy dessert-eating!

 



 


Comments